Our Center invites applications for a highly motivated Research Scientist to join our interdisciplinary group focused on innovative research in neuroimaging.
The Research Scientist will perform work central to the development of data analysis pipelines, supervision of data analysis quality assurance, and troubleshooting. This team member will also assist in projects that relate to our ongoing cutting-edge research directions, including PET/MRI, MR diffusion microstructure, multinuclear MR imaging, and machine learning tools for neuroimaging. The individual will be expected to interact with other relevant departmental units to facilitate program activities and may serve as an advisor to faculty and lab staff to meet schedules and or resolve technical problems. The Research Scientist Will be expected to supervise and train students who work on relevant projects in basic data analysis methods.
The successful candidate must have strong technical skills with a background in medical imaging data analysis and strong communication skills. The individual will work on maintenance and execution of standard data analysis packages and on development of unique data analysis and data visualization pipelines. This position requires creativity and the ability to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- passion for research on the brain
- MS in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, medical imaging, applied mathematics or a related discipline. An exception can be made for an extraordinary candidate without a PhD
- fluency in MATLAB
- advanced skills Linux OS and shell commands
- strong communication skills
- highly independent, motivated, and demonstrating initiative and follow through
- 1-2 years of experience in medical imaging analysis
- technical understanding of imaging DICOM standard and conversion to other image file formats (coregistration, nifty, fsl)
- familiarity with radiology software, such as Vital, Osirix, PACS
- knowledge of Python and R
CAI2R (pronounced care) comprises approximately 150 full-time personnel dedicated to imaging research, development, and clinical translation. Our team is diverse and highly collaborative. We work in interdisciplinary, matrixed teams that include engineers, scientists, clinicians, technologists, and industry experts.
Joining our team means becoming part of a diverse community that values cross-pollination of ideas, celebrates creativity, and nurtures an environment conducive to breakthrough innovations.
The Center for Advanced Imaging Innovation and Research (CAI2R) is supported by the NIH and operated by the department of radiology at NYU Langone Health.
Learn more about our research facilities.
Timeline, Salary, and Benefits
The initial appointment will be for a year, with an intention to renew further, depending on mutual agreement. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We welcome both domestic and international applicants.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, or disability.