Our Center invites applications for a postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Radiology at NYU Langone Health. The fellowship will focus on advanced quantitative imaging of the kidney and kidney tumors.
The postdoctoral fellow will work with supervisors Eric Sigmund, PhD, and Hersh Chandarana, MD, to develop renal diffusion MRI, and will join a multidisciplinary team of physicists, image processing scientists, radiologists, nephrologists, surgeons, and technologists. The project aims to comprehensively manage the renal mass population—not only for oncologic control but also for the equally important renal functional stability.
The fellow’s responsibilities will include:
- optimization and execution of methods used to acquire, analyze, and process images, and report advanced diffusion MRI of renal tissue and masses
- histologic image processing to extract quantitative cancer markers and correlate them with MRI metrics
- quantitative correlation with clinical assessments of renal function and histologic biomarkers of renal cancers
- presentation of results at international conferences; reporting of findings in peer-reviewed publications
The postdoctoral fellow will have the opportunity to engage in independent research within the context of the study.
- PhD (earned or expected shortly) in physics, engineering, mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience with C, C++, MATLAB, Python, or similar relevant programming languages.
- Capacity for both independent work and collaboration on a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in renal imaging, diffusion MRI or both are highly desirable.
- A record of peer-reviewed journal publications is recommended.
CAI2R (pronounced care) comprises approximately 150 full-time personnel dedicated to imaging research, development, and clinical translation. Our team is diverse and highly collaborative. We work in interdisciplinary, matrixed groups that include engineers, scientists, clinicians, technologists, and industry experts.
Joining our Center means becoming part of a diverse community that values cross-pollination of ideas, celebrates creativity, and nurtures an environment conducive to breakthrough innovations.
The Center for Advanced Imaging Innovation and Research (CAI2R) is supported by the NIH and operated by the department of radiology at NYU Langone Health.
Learn more about our research facilities.
Timeline, Salary, and Benefits
The initial appointment will be for two years, with potential to renew. NYU Langone Health offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We welcome both domestic and international applicants.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, or disability.
Subsidized housing within walking distance of NYU Langone’s medical research campus may be offered depending of availability.
Email PDFs of your CV, short statement of research interests in the context of prior work, and contact information of 2-3 references to Eric Sigmund, PhD, at Eric.Sigmund@nyulangone.org and Hersh Chandarana, MD, at Hersh.Chandarana@nyulangone.org. Inquiries and requests for more information can be likewise emailed to Drs. Sigmund and Chandarana.