This job opening was first posted on NYU Langone’s interfolio. For the original post, and to apply, see Biostatistician- Assistant Professor, Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Biostatistician, Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiology at NYU Langone Health.
In this role, the successful candidate will work with the radiology research teams at on study design, protocol development, statistical analysis, data interpretation, and manuscript preparation, as directed by the clinical and research leadership. Our radiology researchers conduct clinical and basic science investigations in a range of areas, and the types of complex analyses generally involved in working with imaging data require a strong background in statistics.
- Conduct statistical analyses for research manuscripts for publication.
- Conduct statistical power analyses for planning research projects.
- Advise principal investigators and research fellows on appropriate statistical methology.
- Contribute to design, methods, and results sections of research publications and grant applications.
- PhD in biostatistics, statistics or related field, and a minimum of 3 years of post-graduate experience.
- Expert proficiency with the required job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in at least three of the following: R, SAS, SPSS, M-Plus, STATA.
- Skills in descriptive analysis, data modeling, study design, and graphic interfaces.
- Outstanding ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects to ensure on-time delivery with meticulous quality.
- Ability to become well-versed with relevant medical and imaging concepts and terminology.
CAI2R (pronounced care) comprises approximately 150 full-time personnel dedicated to imaging research, development, and clinical translation. Our team is diverse and highly collaborative. We work in interdisciplinary, matrixed groups that include engineers, scientists, clinicians, technologists, and industry experts.
Joining our Center means becoming part of a diverse community that values cross-pollination of ideas, celebrates creativity, and nurtures an environment conducive to breakthrough innovations.
The Center for Advanced Imaging Innovation and Research (CAI2R) is supported by the NIH and operated by the department of radiology at NYU Langone Health.
Learn more about our research facilities.
Salary and Benefits
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York state Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $90,000.00–$125,000.00 annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, or disability.
Interested candidates should apply through the Biostatistician- Assistant Professor, Radiology posting on interfolio.