Our center invites applications for a Web Developer position to work on the various websites that our research center is operating and to develop HTML-based frontend interfaces for our in-house developed software tools and open-source platforms.
- Maintain and enhance our research center’s website and work with content creators to regularly update the site. Monitor the site and ensure that security patches are always applied
- Design and develop HTML/CSS-based frontend interfaces for our in-house developed software tools and our open-source platforms (including our “Yarra Framework” and “mercure DICOM Orchestration Platform”)
- Design and contribute to websites for our open-source projects, including theming of project and documentation pages
- Develop branding elements for projects and open-source platforms (including logos, icons, color schemes, UI elements)
- Provide technical guidance to faculty and lab staff on projects that require websites or web-based user interfaces
- Assist research faculty in designing web content about research groups and activities
- Contribute to various research projects that require user-interface design and presentation/visualization of research results
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Professional web development experience
- Skills in graphic design and experience using Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong understanding of HTML5, CSS, and frontend toolkits like Bootstrap
- Strong experience with the WordPress content-management system
- Experience with theme development and templating systems such as Jinja2, EJS, or Handlebars
- Experience with the Linux operating system (Ubuntu / Debian)
- Experience with version management tools (Git) and procedures
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently
- Prior involvement in open-source projects
- Experience with static website generators such as Hugo, Jekyll, or Gatsby
- Experience with visualization libraries such as D3.js, Plotly, chart.js
- Experience with the Bulma CSS framework
- Experience with development of basic web services / applications
- Experience with SQL databases and basic knowledge of the SQL language
- Prior exposure to or domain knowledge in medical imaging
CAI2R (pronounced care) comprises approximately 150 full-time personnel dedicated to imaging research, development, and clinical translation. Our team is diverse and highly collaborative. We work in interdisciplinary, matrixed teams that include engineers, scientists, clinicians, technologists, and industry experts.
Joining our team means becoming part of a diverse community that values cross-pollination of ideas, celebrates creativity, and nurtures an environment conducive to breakthrough innovations.
The Center for Advanced Imaging Innovation and Research (CAI2R) is supported by the NIH and operated by the Department of Radiology at NYU Langone Health.
Learn more about our research facilities.
Timeline, Salary, and Benefits
We expect the appointed candidate to start in autumn of 2021. The initial appointment will be for two years, with an intention to renew, depending on mutual agreement. NYU Langone Health offers competitive pay and benefits.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, or disability.
To apply for the position, please send your application documents to email@example.com.
Please include your CV, a list / description of recent development projects (with links to the websites, JSFiddle, or Git code repositories), reference letters, and additional information about your profile (optional).