Our Center at NYU Langone Health invites applications for a postdoctoral fellowship focused on sodium MRI.
The postdoctoral fellow will join a multidisciplinary research team engaged in the development of dynamic sodium (23Na) MRI and MRI-compatible EEG for clinical studies on cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) clearance in the human brain. The primary aim of the project is to build three-dimensional velocity field of CSF flow in the brain and evaluate alterations during aging, sleep, and early development of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Implement sodium MRI scans on study subjects, including data acquisition and analysis.
- Implement calculations of CSF velocity field using sodium MRI images.
- Improve/ develop the software for display of 2D/3D velocity field of CSF flow in the brain.
- Draft manuscripts describing the research findings.
- PhD degree in physics, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or mathematics
- proficiency in scientific computing and programming with MATLAB and C++
- experience in MRI scans on human subjects
- track-record of peer-reviewed journal publications
- experience in MRI pulse sequence development and image reconstruction
- experience in sodium MRI
CAI2R (pronounced care) comprises approximately 150 full-time personnel dedicated to imaging research, development, and clinical translation. Our team is diverse and highly collaborative. We work in interdisciplinary, matrixed teams that include engineers, scientists, clinicians, technologists, and industry experts.
Joining our team means becoming part of a diverse community that values cross-pollination of ideas, celebrates creativity, and nurtures an environment conducive to breakthrough innovations.
The Center for Advanced Imaging Innovation and Research (CAI2R) is supported by the NIH and operated by the department of radiology at NYU Langone Health.
Learn more about our research facilities.
Timeline, Salary, and Benefits
The position is available immediately and expected to be funded for several years. NYU Langone Health offers competitive pay and benefits. Subsidized housing within walking distance of the academic-medical campus may be offered, depending on availability.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, or disability.
Send your CV, statement of research interests, and contact information of three references to Yongxian Qian, PhD, at Yongxian.Qian@nyulangone.org. Use “Post-Doc MRI” as the subject of your email.
To inquire or ask for more information about the position, reach out to Yongxian Qian, PhD.