Our Center invites applications for a postdoctoral fellowship focused on cardiovascular MR imaging (CMR).
The fellow will join our interdisciplinary research group and contribute to development of novel imaging methods used in investigations of normal and abnormal cardiac function.
This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience at the nexus of basic and applied CMR research.
The postdoctoral fellow will assist in:
- acquisition of CMR data
- preparation of CMR data for analysis
- development of MRI data analysis software
- analysis of CMR data
- correlation of findings with relevant clinical information
- reporting results of CMR data analysis
- discussions with clinical colleagues regarding analysis and interpretation of results
- screening of potential volunteers for CMR imaging studies and supervision of the studies
- MD or PhD degree in a relevant area
- basic computer skills, including fluency in word processing and spreadsheet software
- familiarity with basic medical concepts and terminology
- understanding of basic cardiovascular anatomy and physiology, including appearances on MRI
- experience with the use of research data analysis programs, e.g., MATLAB-based
- ability to work semi-independently
CAI2R (pronounced care) comprises approximately 150 full-time personnel dedicated to imaging research, development, and clinical translation. Our team is diverse and highly collaborative. We work in interdisciplinary, matrixed teams that include engineers, scientists, clinicians, technologists, and industry experts.
Joining our team means becoming part of a diverse community that values cross-pollination of ideas, celebrates creativity, and nurtures an environment conducive to breakthrough innovations.
The Center for Advanced Imaging Innovation and Research (CAI2R) is supported by the NIH and operated by the department of radiology at NYU Langone Health.
Learn more about our research facilities.
Salary and Benefits
NYU Langone Health offers competitive pay and generous benefits.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, or disability.