Our Center invites applications for a Machine Learning Senior Program Manager position focused on facilitating cutting-edge research at the intersection of healthcare and artificial intelligence.
The Machine Learning Senior Program Manager will develop and maintain AI research-and-development operations within the department. In particular, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating intra- and inter-departmental AI projects. He or she will create, communicate, and implement project plans and milestones within the department, serve as a liaison with principal investigators across multiple interdisciplinary projects, research and prepare strategic materials, oversee educational endeavors, as well as market and grow the program.
The Machine Learning Senior Program Manager will operate under standard regulatory procedures/ protocols and ensure compliance across the board. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of a highly productive team and play a foundational role in creating a one-of-its-kind interdisciplinary program at the intersection of healthcare and artificial intelligence.
We are especially interested highly collaborative, creative, and organized people who have excellent communication skills. The right candidate will be self-driven, flexible, and enthusiastic about taking on significant responsibilities in order to contribute to building new technologies that have the potential to improve human health.
- bachelor’s degree in a relevant area
- at least 3 years of experience in program management or other managerial role
- experience in implementation of technology in a real-world setting
- experience managing multiple (preferably interdisciplinary) projects at a time
- thorough understanding of standard project/ program management techniques and experience using project management tools
- strong problem-solving, communication, leadership, and organizational skills
- experience in coordinating people across different areas of expertise to successfully move projects forward
- proficiency in using MS Office Suite with expertise in PowerPoint and Excel
- master’s degree with a focus on management preferable
- prior experience in managing projects at the intersection of healthcare and technology
- project management professional (PMP) certification
CAI2R (pronounced care) comprises approximately 150 full-time personnel dedicated to imaging research, development, and clinical translation. Our team is diverse and highly collaborative. We work in interdisciplinary, matrixed teams that include engineers, scientists, clinicians, technologists, and industry experts.
Joining our team means becoming part of a diverse community that values cross-pollination of ideas, celebrates creativity, and nurtures an environment conducive to breakthrough innovations.
The Center for Advanced Imaging Innovation and Research (CAI2R) is supported by the NIH and operated by the department of radiology at NYU Langone Health.
Learn more about our research facilities.
Timeline, Salary, and Benefits
We expect the appointed candidate to start not later than in autumn of 2021. The initial appointment will be for a year, with an intention to renew, depending on mutual agreement. NYU Langone Health offers competitive pay and benefits.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, or disability.
To apply, send your CV and a short motivation letter to Crystal.Fitzgerald-Pride@nyulangone.org using the phrase “machine learning program manager” in the subject of the email.