Our center invites applications for a DevOps Engineer position to focus on the deployment and operation of our in-house developed software tools as well as our open-source software platforms for medical imaging and healthcare data processing.
The DevOps Engineer will join our interdisciplinary team of medical imaging researchers at NYU Langone Health. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-driven person with experience in continuous integration, application packaging, service monitoring, project management, and with passion for working in a dynamic and unique research environment.
- Manage application releases and deployment of our internal in-house developed software tools, as well as monitoring of the tools to guarantee high availability
- Communicate with users and developers to identify and resolve problems, and define features for upcoming application releases
- Create and maintain the required infrastructure for testing and continuous integration
- Willingness to be available 24/7 to address urgent application outages
- Contribute to our open-source platforms (including our “Yarra Framework” and “mercure DICOM Orchestration Platform”) through release management and active involvement in the developer community
- Maintain existing code repositories, create code documentation, and support external users and developers in online communities
- Provide technical guidance to faculty and lab staff on projects at the intersection of medical imaging research and information technology
- Support various research projects in questions regarding software distribution and maintenance, aiming at rapid clinical translation of research prototypes that our center is developing
- Build up in-house knowledge about modern development techniques and practices, and take initiative to implement these paradigms at the center
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Professional development experience in Python, C/C++, or similar
- Experience with CI practices and tools, such as Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub Actions
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Graphite, Grafana, and Prometheus
- Strong experience with Docker and orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes or Nomad
- Strong experience with version management tools (Git) and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of the Linux operating system (Ubuntu / Debian)
- Experience with databases, specifically PostgreSQL, and knowledge of the SQL language
- Good knowledge of HTML, REST, HTTP, TCP/IP, and authentication principles
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently
- Prior involvement in open-source projects
- Experience with public cloud services (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud)
- Experience with development of web services / applications
- Experience with No-SQL databases, such as MongoDB and DynamoDB
- Technical understanding of the DICOM standard (file format and communication)
- Prior exposure to or domain knowledge in medical imaging
CAI2R (pronounced care) comprises approximately 150 full-time personnel dedicated to imaging research, development, and clinical translation. Our team is diverse and highly collaborative. We work in interdisciplinary, matrixed teams that include engineers, scientists, clinicians, technologists, and industry experts.
Joining our team means becoming part of a diverse community that values cross-pollination of ideas, celebrates creativity, and nurtures an environment conducive to breakthrough innovations.
The Center for Advanced Imaging Innovation and Research (CAI2R) is supported by the NIH and operated by the Department of Radiology at NYU Langone Health.
Learn more about our research facilities.
Timeline, Salary, and Benefits
We expect the appointed candidate to start in autumn of 2021. The initial appointment will be for two years, with an intention to renew, depending on mutual agreement. NYU Langone Health offers competitive pay and benefits.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, or disability.
To apply for the position, please send your application documents to email@example.com.
Please include your CV, a list / description of recent work projects (ideally with links to GitHub or other public repositories), reference letters, and additional information about your profile (optional).